We are committed to protecting your personal information and will only use it legally and responsibly.
Art Habitat Ltd. is a supplier and installer of bespoke windows and doors.
Under applicable law Art habitat Ltd. is a “controller” of this data.
The terms “we”, “us,” “our,” or “Art Habitat” refers to law Art habitat Ltd, Registered in England and Wales Registered address:
95 Mortimer Street, W1W 7GB, London. Company Number 09866113
Term “Website” refers to www.arthabitat.co.uk
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information that relates directly to you:
- your name, title, your email address, phone number, postal address, billing address, delivery address;
- feedback you may have submitted related to Art habitat services and products;
- product selections and purchases of goods or services;
- payment information (we only store this for as long as we need to process payment);
- contact preferences;
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you;
Information that does not directly identify you through the placement of cookies (e.g. how you might browse our website
How do we collect the information?
We collect information about you when you place an order for products or services. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Here is a complete list of all areas where we collect information from you:
- website contact form and quotation request;
How do we use your information and what is our legal basis for processing it?
We collect information about you to process your order and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
We do not pass on your personal information to other companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
In greater detail, the information we collect we use in order to:
- fulfil your orders and requested service;
- provide and improve our Website’s functionality, and make sure materials on the Website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
- respond to your questions and provide related customer service;
- marketing communication that you opted in to receive;
- perform research and analysis for our business purposes;
- contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which may in some cases be provided by third parties), including by email, mail, telephone, or text message;
- process, store, and deliver your communications;
- provide customer service and support;
- respond to your enquiries or requests;
- facilitate the social sharing function;
- comply with legal requirements and legal process, requests from public and governmental authorities, relevant industry standards and our internal policies;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, where necessary;
- when investigating a complaint, we might also need to share your personal information with the parties involved in it.
Some of these grounds for processing your personal data overlap, so there may be several reasons which justify us processing your personal information.
In those limited circumstances where you have expressly given your consent to us to process your personal data (see Article 6.1.a of the GDPR), you are free to revoke your consent and unsubscribe or change your email preferences at any time. However, please be aware that we may have the right to continue to process your information if it can be justified on one of the other legal bases mentioned above.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. When we refer to “cookies” we include other technologies with similar purposes.
We use the following types of cookie: Cookies for Analytics and Personalisation.
Some cookies collect information about how you use the Website to help us improve how our Website is being used, and to help us understand what may interest you and personalise your experience accordingly. These cookies, for example:
Generate statistics on how the website is used, including to measure any errors that occur or to obtain data on the number of users that visited particular pages of the website;
Measure Website traffic such as the number of visits to the Website, which domains the visitors come from, which pages they visit on the Website and in which overall geographical areas the visitors are located.
Test different designs for the website;
Help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded;
Collect or transmit information about you, such as your browser type and search preferences, and your use of the website;
set for managing how and when surveys are displayed.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Please note that turning off or deleting cookies will not prevent device identification and related data collection from occurring.
Third Party Plugins
We may provide advertising networks, advertising partners, and businesses advertising on our platform with aggregate information but other than hashed information or device identifiers, we do not disclose your name, contact information, or other personal information.
How do we ensure your data security?
We use reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your information for as long as reasonably necessary to provide our products and services and to maintain records to satisfy tax and other legal requirements. Your personal data will therefore be kept securely or deleted upon request.
For the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to you all job records are stored in our systems for 10 years. They are retained in a secure environment and accessed only for the purpose of fulfilling our warranties and service levels, and to handle any issues that may arise. Where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
How to contact us?
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, or if you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective 25th May, 2018